Mission and Vision
Today’s harsh reality is that the specialists of the Rescue Board or the Environmental Board, who went to “help” the injured animal, usually take the victim somewhere else out of sight because the state does not have the resources for treatment. The toleration of animal suffering is, unfortunately, the affirmation of cruelty as a social norm, and in a civilized world there are more and more people against such cruelty.
The Animal Rescue Group is trying to change this cruel practice, and we have set the main goal to ensure the rapid transport and treatment of animals and birds involved in accidents and / or in need of emergency veterinary assistance. Another priority is the transfer, treatment, socialization and finding new owners of abused animals in cooperation with the VFB and the police. The Animal Rescue Team operates on a voluntary basis, depends on donations, and this sets very clear limits on our capabilities.
- ASSISTING ANIMALS AND BIRDS IN DISTRESS AND IN NEED OF HELP AND MAKING ARRANGEMENTS FOR TREATMENT
- RESPONDING TO CALLS RELATED TO ANIMALS AND BIRDS INJURED IN TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS AND ENSURING TREATMENT
- SOLVING COMPLAINTS RECEIVED FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC CONCERNING ANIMALS AND CHECKING ADHERENCE TO ANIMAL KEEPING REQUIREMENTS
- REHABILITATING MISTREATED ANIMALS AND FINDING NEW HOMES FOR THEM
- ANIMAL WELFARE MUST BE GUARANTEED WHETHER IT IS BENEFICIAL TO HUMANS OR NOT
- THE WELFARE OF INDIVIDUAL INDIVIDUALS WHICH DO NOT HAVE A PROTECTIVE IMPORTANCE MUST ALSO BE ENSURED. EVERY LIFE OF ANIMALS MUST BE RESPECTED AND PROTECTED
- THE HOLDER HAS A FIXED AND CLEAR OBLIGATION TO CARE FOR THE ANIMALS TAKEN
- NO ANIMAL SHOULD BE KILLED OR SUBJECT TO CRUEL TREATMENT WITHOUT GOOD REASON
- ANY CRUEL TO BE CREATED AS A SERIOUS CRIME SHALL BE CONSIDERED A SERIOUS CRIME AND THE LEGISLATION MUST ENSURE PENALTIES WHICH WOULD EXCLUDE SUCH CRIMES FROM A HUMAN BEING IN THE FUTURE
- WE TOLERATE HUNTING, BUT ONLY FISHING AND SLAUGHTER OF WILD ANIMALS SHOULD BE USED THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO THE COURAGE, DOES NOT DAMAGE UNPLANNED ANIMALS OR HARMFUL TO NATURAL HOSPITALITY
- WE DO NOT TOLERATE THE CATCHING AND KILLING OF WILD ANIMALS FOR RECREATIONAL PURPOSES AND SUCH ACTIVITIES SHOULD BE PROHIBITED
- WE ARE AGAINST FUR FARMS
- WE ARE AGAINST THE RESTORATION OF HEALTHY AND VIABLE ANIMALS AND DO COOPERATION WITH CLINICS AND VETERINARIES
- WE TOLERATE THE KEEPING OF FARM ANIMALS, BUT ONLY IF THEY ARE GUARANTEED BY SPECIES-SPECIFIC CONDITIONS, CARE AND THEY WILL BE KILLED IN A WAY OF MINIMUM SUFFERING:
- Animals must be slaughtered as close as possible to the place where they are reared
- The method used to slaughter the farm animal must immediately anesthetize the animal and the insensibility must be maintained until death.
The slaughter of the animal must be carried out by a competent and trained person
- Unloading, accommodation, feeding, watering and handling of animals for slaughter must be carried out in the most humane manner
- Every effort must be made to reduce the transport of animals. The transport of animals must take into account all factors affecting their welfare.
- We are clearly and unequivocally opposed to the long-distance transport of animals
“5 fundamental freedom provisions” which owners must guarantee to their animals:
- Freedom from pain, disease and injury
- Freedom from fear and suffering
- Freedom from hunger and thirst
- Freedom to behave naturally
- Freedom from inconvenience
- By “animals” we mean species that experience pain and suffering, and this category includes all mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles, fish and invertebrates.
- By “wild animal” we mean any animal that is not domesticated by man
- “Favorite and farm animals, ie animals that depend on humans, include all animals whose survival and well-being depend on humans. This group includes animals raised for food, animal raw materials, scientific research and entertainment, as well as captive wild animals.
- “Cruelty or cruel treatment of an animal” means pain and suffering caused to an animal by deliberate action or negligence
- “Animal welfare” is a set of physical and mental and behavioral needs